Anyone attending the Spooktacular is encouraged to dress up in costume. There will be trick-or-treating and it will take place outside, even if there is rain or snow
Grande Prairie's Halloween Spooktacular has been given the green light.
It will take place on October 31 at the Grande Prairie Museum’s Heritage Village in Muskoseepi Park from 1-5pm
Guests interested in attending must book their time slots in advance. The cost is $2 per child, but there is no cost for adults that accompany children.
Tables will be spread throughout the facility to hand out treats and toys as kids walk through. Please dress accordingly, as this is an outside event and will take place snow, rain or shine.
There are several COVID-19 safety measures in place for the Spooktacular:
- Only 30 children will be permitted per time spot to maintain physical distancing and allow for contact tracing.
- Masks are strongly encouraged and will be available, along with gloves, at the door.
- Sanitization stations will be available to the public.
- Staff members will be present in the village to keep participants moving and ensure that cohorts are remaining physically distanced.
- Separate entrances and exits will be used.
- All staff members and volunteers will be wearing gloves and masks throughout the event.