The announcement commemorates its production milestone of three billion barrels of crude oil from Mildred Lake.
The new investments, announced from Syncrude, would fund several key programs, which include;
- University of Alberta Faculty of Engineering for student engagement in northern communities
- Tree Canada Operation ReLeaf program
- Inside Education’s Wood Buffalo Environment Education Project
- A machining program with the Fort McMurray Catholic School District
- An apprenticeship program with CAREERS: The Next Generation
- E-learning program with the Fort McKay First Nation and an education training program with the Mikisew Cree First Nation.
These initiatives join ongoing partnerships with Girls Inc., the Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre, and Syncrude Arts Alive Series at Keyano Theatre.
Since 1999, Syncrude has dedicated $84-million to various projects and organizations in the region.