Telus World of Science - National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Friday, September 30th, 2022
- 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Telus World of Science, Edmonton
From September 30 – October 2 the Science Centre will be hosting special guests and offering programming that focuses on Indigenous perspectives. Free General Admission for Indigenous Peoples on September 30
More Information (CFWE is not responsible for external websites)
September 30, 2022:
8:00 am – Tipi raising and teachings (in the Pembina Indigenous Medicine Garden); led by Harry Fuccaro (and the team from Métis Child & Family Services)
9:00 am – Ceremonial smudge and prayer with teachings (in the Pembina Indigenous Medicine Garden); led by Elder Gilman Cardinal
10:00 am – Indigenous Drumming by Dezmond Morningchild (in the Pembina Indigenous Medicine Garden)
10:15 am – Tea and Bannock in the Traditional Room
Activities throughout the day and all weekend:
- Indigenous Artisan Market * (Friday September 30, Saturday October 1 only)
- Indigenous programming throughout the galleries
- The Zeidler Dome will be showcasing our Legends of the Northern Sky show, in which we learn Indigenous stories in the stars and in turn, learn a little bit more about the spirit that connects us all
- The IMAX Theatre will feature showings of Great Bear Rainforest
- The Purple Pear Restaurant will be selling a special homemade Bison Soup with a fresh roll and a bottle of water
TWOSE will be offering free admission for all Indigenous Peoples on September 30, 2022. This initiative is being supported by the generous donation of Driving Force who is sponsoring the day.
Telus World of Science
The event runs from 8:00am to 5:00pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.