Kemron Alexander faces 11 criminal charges related to human trafficking and sexual assault
Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team (ALERT) says a Canada-wide warrant has been issued for a human trafficking suspect.
The man, Kemron Alexander, is known to travel between Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Vancouver, Kelowna, and B.C.’s lower mainland area. He also has connections to Ontario.
Alexander is wanted for allegedly being involved in sex trafficking a 12-year-old girl.
Sworn charges against him include:
- Trafficking a person under the age of 18;
- Procuring a person under the age of 18;
- Sexual exploitation;
- Arrangement for sexual offence against a child;
- Obtaining sexual services for consideration;
- Material benefit from sex trafficking;
- Advertisement of sexual services;
- Overcoming resistance to commission of offence;
- Sexual assault;
- Sexual interference; and
- Invitation to sexual touching.
The child was apprehended pursuant to the Protection of Sexually Exploited Children Act and has received support and specialized care resources. She has since been returned to the care of her mother.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Alexander is encouraged to contact local police or Crime Stoppers. The suspect is known to carry weapons and should not be approached.
Survivors of sex trafficking can call 211 for help.