Temporary closures to the Cold Lake Healthcare Centre’s emergency department will be in effect at varying times from Jan. 9 – 14
Due to the inability to secure physician coverage, the Cold Lake Healthcare Centre Emergency Department (ED) will be temporarily without on-site physician coverage the following dates and times:
- 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, January 9
- 11 p.m., Sunday, January 9 to 7 a.m., Monday January 10
- 3 p.m. to 11 p.m., Monday, January 10
- 3 p.m. to 11 p.m., Tuesday, January 11
- 11 p.m., Wednesday, January 12 to 3 p.m. Thursday, January 13
- 11 p.m., Thursday, January 13 to 7 am., Friday, January 14
"This is a temporary measure and AHS is working hard to ensure local residents continue to have access to the care they need during this time, Nursing staff will remain on-site in the ED providing triage and assessments, and referrals for patients to alternate EDs in surrounding communities as needed"
Patients are asked to call 911 if they have a medical emergency. EMS will be re-routed to surrounding healthcare centres to ensure local residents continue to have access to the emergency services they need.
Residents are reminded to call Health Link at 811, which is available 24/7 for non-emergency health-related questions.