The Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal will be awarded to 7,000 Albertans throughout 2022 in recognition of significant contributions to the province
More than 200 community members from across the province are set to receive a Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee medal.
The commemorative medal was created this year to mark the 70th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the throne as Queen of Canada. It honours those who have made significant contributions to their province or municipality.
They are being presented by Alberta Municipalities
To be eligible, a nominee must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have been alive on February 6, 2022, the date of the 70th anniversary of the Queen becoming Canada’s monarch
- Have made significant contributions to Canada or a region of Alberta, community, or field. Examples of areas of significant contribution might include COVID-19, Truth and Reconciliation, diversity, equity and inclusion, or preservation of the environment.
- Be a leader in the community
- Be in good standing with the law and community
Click here for a list of Albertans who are set to receive the Platinum Jubilee Medal